Venture Bonsai Legal Framework
The purpose of the Venture Bonsai Legal Framework is to provide a set of ready-to-use documents and a simple process to run a Share Issue to raise private capital for a growth company. The process is in compliance with European Union regulations and related national laws.
This framework is built in such a way that the Share Issue can be arranged within the service as easily as possibly while still following the regulation related to private placements within the European Union. The example documents have been built in such a way that they can modified to meet the minor differences in each national legislation. The example documents are built for companies domiciled in Finland.
Detailed and full version attachments (as referenced in this document) are available to Venture Bonsai customers and partners.
Preparing for the Investment Round
Preparation Phase within Venture Bonsai
The Venture Bonsai service guides you through each step while setting up your investment round. You will upload to the service the official documents mentioned below, have them checked by a Venture Bonsai authorised lawyer and you can start your investment round.
There are also other documents to be uploaded (such as business plan… Continue reading
When it comes to investing in start-ups, it’s all about trust. Do you feel confident that this team, company, and product will live up to its expectations? Even if you’re investing relatively small amount of money (say, for example 5.000€) it’s still a big amount that requires trust between both parties. It’s your money, after all.
What is trust, anyway?
Wikipedia defines trust as
- the willingness of one party (trustor) to be vulnerable to the actions of another party (trustee);
- reasonable expectation (confidence) of the trustor that the trustee will behave in a way beneficial to the trustor;
- risk of harm to the trustor if the trustee will not behave accordingly; and
- the absence of trustor’s enforcement or control over actions performed by the trustee.
Within the scope of Venture Bonsai, you probably would be interested in
- as an entrepreneur, do I trust certain person enough to let him to see my Investment Round material?
- as an entrepreneur, do I trust Venture Bonsai as a platform to run my investment round ?
- as an investor, do I trust certain person enough to invest in his company?
- as an investor, do I trust Venture Bonsai as a platform to invest through… Continue reading